Pasta is not just a delectable dish but is equally nutritious considering that it is made from semolina. People of every age group love to gorge on some sumptuous cheesy or tangy pasta flavors. The best part being it can be eaten as a snack, salad appetizer or even in the form of a main course Italian meal with your choice of breads and seasoning.
Most of us who long for a mouth watering pasta dish end up ordering it from our favorite joint which almost costs a bomb, But pasta lovers will be overjoyed to know that now they can prepare some tantalizing pasta dishes right at the convenience of their homes and that too without spending a lot on just preparation. The recently launched pasta making machines allow you create pasta all by yourself and lend a personal touch to it.
A pasta making machine is a simple and user friendly device, designed to make pasta cooking easy and fun for all those pasta fans out there. The fact that you can enjoy some fresh pasta without much grilling makes the experience all the more interesting. The procedure to make pasta is quite a child’s play.
Some great pasta makers:
Here is an insight into the pasta recipe for beginners:
- Form a medium consistency dough using 2 cups of all purpose floor, 2 tablespoons edible oil and 1 tablespoon salt to it.
- Roll the prepared dough and then shape it round (or whatever shape you like). Once done with it, you can flatten the dough ball and place it on to a floured surface.
- Make the pasta’s dough pass through the pasta machine with its settings at the widest position. After this roll the dough again into thirds and set the rollers closer to ensure pasta gets thickened each time you pass the dough through it now. The process needs to be repeated about 5 to 7 times or until you get the desired thickness for your pasta.
- Clean the machine after each rolling with a wet towel as this will prevent the dough from sticking to it.
- Once you have the pasta ready, let it dry for at least 3 hours for better results.
One great advantage of owning a pasta maker is that you can prepare fresh and tasty pasta without having making the quality of the food suffer, More so the taste of freshly derived pasta will leave your friends and family asking for more .Not only is this an economic option but you also get rid of pre-packed pasta meals that are loaded with unhealthy preservatives and can never match up to the standards of nutritious homemade pasta.
Now that you are keen on grabbing the pasta maker and churn out some great pasta dishes, do remember to pick a quality product that is built with two parallel cylinders and also has a set of two different cutters to prepare different varieties of pasta such as the fettuccine and tagliolini. Invest in this smart device and bid goodbye to pre packaged pasta options.